Darn It! Mending Your Knits with Holli Yeoh
Based on the time and resources we put into our knitting, handknits should be knit-for-life and sustainable. Learn green skills to maintain your wardrobe so your handknits can become heritage pieces within your family or lovingly donated.
Join Holli Yeoh to explore various ways to repair holes in your knitting. You'll learn about both Swiss darning and stocking darning. The techniques are transferrable to commercially made garments, as well. Holli will talk about other strategies to repair holes, as well as provide an overview of the pests that can cause damage.
Suitable for beginners and beyond
- Blunt tipped yarn needle
- two double pointed needles in a size
- appropriate for the weight of yarn/swatch
- Crochet hook approximate size of knitting needles
- Locking stitch markers
- Small embroidery hoop, if you have one
- Rubber band
- Knit items (hand or commercial knits) with holes or thin spots for a discussion on strategies for fixing them (optional)
This is a two-page handout with instructions for one homework swatch that will be provided to registrants.