Learn to Needle Felt with Cara Barter
Needle felting is sculpting with wool. It provides stress relief and feelings of accomplishment. My students have expressed the good feelings that come from their work, especially in these times of stress due to the pandemic. I will be sharing some traditional, Indigenous teachings around working with wool. You can choose to create the cute owl project or bring your own ideas on what you would like to create. We will be learning needle felting techniques to create a cute owl or other simple project of your choice.
We will cover:
- Creating and shaping a core for your project
- How to join core pieces together
- Covering the core in your base colours
- Embellishing and decoration
- Making flat pieces
- Adding a hanger or shaping it to stand
Kits are available from Cara on her Etsy shop or you are welcome to bring your own supplies.
Finished object (penguin)